Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Funseekas.com - Online Magazine

Akokite here. I say it like I feel it. Sometimes, like I see it. My blog, my thoughts... It's personal.


Check out my latest review on funseekas.com - online magazine
  
Funseekas.com... Sites need to have an aim, a purpose or they just won't make it. This one does have a purpose. Funseekas.com is an online magazine. It lets event organisers upload data (photo, videos) of their events online. This helps those who weren't there when things were happening, and it surely lets you relive the times. Before I start talking, check out the site. 

Done so? What was your first impression? I'll tell you mine. The thought behind the site is ingenuous; the template of the site did not impress me though. It looked like it needed 'page wrap' (it's what sites that do not fit screens need). When your site makes me scroll from left to right to see almost everything, you are trying my patience, and my time is valuable! Akokite doesn't waste time with less-than-good. Strike 1 - Bad first impression. You need site rework! 

If I organise an event, and I want to upload videos and pics of the event, I want them to be well organised. An online magazine needs to have its template, pic and video organization appealing. For The Akokite, funseekas.com lacks that.

Sites need legibility. Funseekas' combination of background colour and text colour isn't the best. I had to strain my eyes to read the text above funseekas.com on the top border and I could only read one word - applet. Strike 2 - Website designer needs homework. Now, let it not be said that Akokite is a sadist. To back that argument, let it be known that I feel their logo. As with Lagbook.com, funseekas.com is an interesting concept. I would that it was executed better. Contents have to fit within a computer screen to reduce scrolling from left to right; pics, videos and adverts need to be organised appealingly. Learn from naijapals.com... The site designer of Funseekas.com has homework to do. I hope they improve.


Next take - Planning a website




2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much i value ur honesty we have improved the site even before i read this review well for our concept we are focused and i think you need to read our "seek us" page... thanks the C.E.O....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rechecked the site, and I feel it needs a review from The Akokite. They've certainly improved. Oh! Way to take criticism, C.E.O!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog