Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Earning Money on "Akokites' ThoughtPlanet"

Two days ago, I got news of the possibility of making 2000 Naira or more weekly. Believe me, I was skeptic at first. I've been looking for ways to make money online - from paid mails, paid surveys, you name them... Might be my luck, but none of them were genuine or others required a Paypal account (and Paypal isn't for people in Nigeria).

The first thing that caught my attention was the Naira - opportunity to earn in my currency (no hectic transactions, you know). I just had to inquire and learn more about this 'opportunity'. I share my findings with you:

'Akokites' ThoughtPlanet' is a blog made by a UNILAG student (who calls himself 'The Akokite'). I learnt that the original plan was for it to be a diary where this student would post his experiences and knowledge for the benefit of UNILAG students. Luckily, he did some more thinking and decided to let akokites get, not just knowlegde and fun, but money too.

How do we make that money? When the word spreads about the blog and the earning opportunities, you have to agree with me that he will pull considerable traffic to his blog (most of us know that online traffic can be translated to money). His way of getting us interested is by giving us, not just an avenue to learn and enjoy the thoughts of others, but another to earn money weekly.

I just had to ask how I earn the money. The explanation was rather simple - blogs need content, he pays you weekly to share your on-campus experiences with others on 'Thoughts of the Akokite'. Does that mean that as long as I write, anything, I get paid 2k every week. I got a solid 'no!'. Here's what piqued my fascination - it's a weekly competition. The author to get the most comments in a week earns the 2000 Naira. So, all I have to do is write something interesting and of worth and when I get the most comments, I get my money.

How do I become an author? That's the slightly 'not-simple' part. I mailed "Interested" to theakokite@yahoo.com and the next day, I got an invitation to become an author. I clicked on the link, and was led to a 'sign in' page. Unfortunately, I didn't have a Google account, so I clicked 'sign up' on the same page. I still used my yahoo email address as my username, entered my password, filled Date of Birth and country, then ... I was asked to give my phone number for them to send a voice automated call to me to confirm my, ah, mortality. I filled in my name, got a call telling me my verification code, entered it and I was done.

All I have to do to start earning my money is visit 'http://akokite.blogspot.com', sign in, put up my new post, and sit back and wait to be the most commented article for the week!

Still a bit unbelieving and reluctant? Need a witness before you start? This is my first article on the blog. If I earn the cash for the week (if mine turns out to be the most useful), I'll let you know if this is real or not! So sit back, relax. I'll tell you in 5 days, alright?

3 comments:

  1. This will be a wonderful deal! keep us posted, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, this is interestin'. Seriously, I gotta know if it's fo' reala. Let us knw when you find out, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this kind of opportunity is rare especially in a country like ours(NIGERIA),so if you are a good write why not grab this oppor tunity of a life time.From a noble unilag student, THE GOVERNOR.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog